What services are covered by this privacy notice?
Inclusive Communication Essex (ICE)
What personal information do we collect?
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Digital images
- Health/communication needs
How do we use your personal information?
To deliver our service or handle your query, this includes:
- Requesting/reserving loan resources
- Dispatch and overdue notifications
- Access to secure content on our website
- To plan and improve the service we offer
- To evidence positive outcomes
- To use your comments to publicise our services (with your consent)
- To promote our events (with your consent)
- Use of digital images to support marketing and communications
- For research, this might include:
- User testing of our resources
- Quality assurance of our written information
- For safeguarding reasons if we believe you are at risk
- To meet your communication needs in accordance with the Accessible Information Standard
Who might we share your information with?
- Essex County Council (social care services, specialist teachers, safeguarding)
- HPFT (Learning Disability teams)
- Anglian Community Enterprise (Speech and Language Therapy teams)
- Thurrock Borough Council
- Southend on Sea Borough Council
- Essex Police
- Essex Fire and Rescue
- Other local authorities (where there is a need)
- Volunteers supporting service provision
Who is the Data Controller?
Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust (HPFT)
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
In compliance with Accessible Information Standard, Equality Act and Care Act
Will my personal information be accessible outside the UK?
No personal information is routinely sent or held outside the UK. Should the transfer of personal information outside of the UK become necessary, it will only take place if permitted by law, and then only where there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect the information.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will stop using your information no more than three years after you last used our services, after which point it will be deleted.
Your rights and how to contact us
The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how it is used by us. You can obtain further information about these rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to this summary notice, the full Privacy Notice or our processing activities with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)
Contact HPFT Information Governance.
To make this site simpler, we sometimes place small data files on your computer. These are known as cookies. Most big websites do this too.
- remembering settings, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page.
- remembering information you've given (eg your postcode) so you don't need to keep entering it.
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
- By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally. They're just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org or watch a video about cookies.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
- share any of the information we collect about you with others
- use this information to identify individuals.